Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Vacation in Prague!

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

First things first, so let me start off with some wishes for the new year 2012. Wishes for peace, love and solidarity among all people who want to feel and be free and for those that fight for a better world for all of us.

Now, to the main subject of this article.Christmas is a pretty good time to travel around and see new places. I didn't escape that rule and I did travel. Where? Well, Prague. Yeah, if you haven't gone there yet it's a pretty good place to visit. I walked most parts of Mala Strana (English translation = Lesser Town) and the Old City, which were a blessing to my eyes. I only went to the New City once, but I don't think I missed much, since if I want to see a modern fully industrial city I can simply go to any big city in Europe.

View of Charles Bridge and Castle in Prague, Czech Republic

The parts of Prague that I did visit though were marvelous. I mean, who can resist this art nouveau architecture entangled with medieval buildings, castles, jazz bands on the streets and on Charles bridge? And on top of that, you can find traditional Czech delicacies virtually in every corner. Those include Trdelnik which is a pretty tasty sweet and of course hot wine, which can be found in most countries of central Europe during Christmas.

Czech food, although kinda heavy, is very tasteful, the city has tons of nicely decorated places and the transportation is very good in all aspects and cheap. Actually everything is cheap. Beer, food and accommodation. At least compared to other cities in Europe. The only thing that was a bit expensive was the ticket to go there. But this is to be expected when booking for a Christmas travel, especially when you book less than 2 months before the actual trip. On the other hand, noone is to be blamed except myself, since I thought of giving a go to other agencies and not my traditional one for cheap flight tickets.

Actually, I recently found out that they're changing their platform, which is kinda obvious if you try and check for air tickets and compare it with the old website - if you remember it. If you don't remember it, or don't know at all how it looked like, you can take a look on the german AirFastTickets website, which still uses the old template. Since the other two have changed, I guess this will be changed soon as well. Anyway, for German speakers here is also an article for AirFastTickets.


Free Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment